Wednesday, March 24, 2010

As soon as news started to reach family and friends everyone started reaching out with "someone" they knew that had just gone through this. "You must speak to so and so and read such and such". I must say I was very overwhelmed with all the information and education coming my way like a rush. I was still digesting and absorbing the idea but time was ticking and I had to get a game plan together so I started calling survivors of Breast Cancer and getting their advise.

Being very medically ignorant my whole life I felt like a novice but quickly started to order some books from www.amazon.com as women were reccommending them to me.

Here is my list of books:

Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book by Susan M. Love, M.D.

while I was ordering I also got Dr. Susan Love's Menapause & Hormone Book
(best to be ready for that too)

100 Questions and Answers About Breast Cancer by Zora K. Brown and Harold P. Freeman, MD

Just Get Me Through This by Deborah A. Cohen and Robert M. Gelfand, MD

Five Lessons I Didn't learn From Breast Cancer ( and One Big One I Did) by Shelley Lewis

Then there are the spiritual books you start reading figuring that there is a reason you got this.
Nothing happens without a reason so let me explore that as well.

Louise L. Hay's books: You Can Heal Your Life
Meditations to Heal Your Life
Inner Wisdom
I Can Do It - How to use affirmations to Change Your Life

Anyone that knows me, knows that I live my life with a constant positive attitude and affirmations. This was a natural for me and failure is never an option.

3 comments:

  1. Orly you are the most positive person I've ever met in my life. You are an inspiration to me every day. If anyone can beat this, it is you. You have been chosen so you can inspire and empower other people facing this demon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will now be THE expert on breast cancer. For your friends, this will be a gem because how many of us know women who have or have had breast cancer, and how many of us will face it in the future. Your research may save someone a lot of time and confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always been strong and positive and that is wonderful. However, you also have to allow yourself to lean on those that love and care for you in times of fear, panic and dismay. The good news is that you caught it early and I honestly have 5 FRIENDS that have all had stage one breast cancer. They have all passed the 5 year mark and have had no issues whatsoever. They all feel that it was so long ago and those days are far behind them. If there is a positive, you will find out who loves ya baby! I suspect that will be a HUGE and long list. I know that this blog will come to show all those that are behind you. You are blessed with a wonderful husband, great kids, great support from your team, and great friends. If that counts for anything, you will be as good as new in NO TIME!

    ReplyDelete