Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Telling those you know and love that you have just gotten a diagnosis of Breast Cancer is one of the hardest things to talk about. Just saying the word "Cancer" and attaching it to yourself seems like an out of body experience. Every time I had to say "I have Breast Cancer" I started to cry. It just didn't seem real. Didn't seem to be really happening to me. I feel great, I look the same, how could this be? It seemed as if I just grew a tail and was wondering if anyone else could see it. Did I look any different?

The absolute hardest was having to tell my three daughters that their mother has Breast Cancer. My youngest said " But have always been the Chosen people, how could this be?"
Yes, we have been very luck and fortunate to not have to experience any adversity but I suppose our turn has come. No family goes unscathed in life. All I kept thinking is thank goodness this happened to me and not one my girls. That would have been unbearable.

As long as its me, I can handle it. I am blessed that they caught it early and I am only at Stage One. As one of my Doctors said " if you had to choose a cancer, you chose well" I guess we are the Chosen people.

1 comment: