Friday, April 16, 2010

First Shower

What a sensational feeling to be able to feel the hot water flowing down over me like a rebirth.
Feeling the pressure of the shower head massaging my body and cleansing me. Shampooing my hair for the first time by myself. Aharon has been doing it over the sink up until now. Feeling human again.

My girlfriend Caren had a similar procedure done one week before I did and I have been closely in touch with her to compare notes and get an idea of what the near future would bring.
Her description of her first shower was the best, " it felt like I was released from prison after being there for 15 years and was having sex for the first time". I have to admit that my moment was not quite that orgasmic but it was good.

I still have three drains attached to me which I had to put into a plastic pouch and hold it on my shoulder like a pocketbook but it still felt great. My dressings all got wet and soggy so Aharon and I re-dressed everything with the only thing we had around the house. Pantie Liners! They really are very versatile and work great. They are thinner than gauze and absorb nicely and can be cut into any shape needed. I don't know why the hospitals haven't thought about using them.

I am feeling refreshed and renewed today and looking forward to a little bit of reading, if I can focus through the pain medication. Mariola, my cleaning girl and friend, is here cleaning the house and changing all the sheets. What a wonderful feeling knowing everything is fresh and clean.

I am tempted to call work and see what is going on but know that they will chastise me if I do.
I am simply curious to see what is happening but not yet ready to jump in. My Team, Noreen, Cathy, Carol and Monica have been amazing at running my business as seamlessly as they are.
They are my second family and my dear friends. How lucky I am to have them in my life.

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome. You could never feel "normal". :)

    Two great families blended to help a wonderful lady. Take care and keep getting well.

    Michael

    By the way, your readership is going to skyrocket if you continue to use keywords - sex, orgasmic, pantie liners, and chastise.

    ReplyDelete